Our book summaries are formatted to ensure maximum retention of the author's key points, as well as to facilitate discussion of the book in the forum. Each summary is approximately 2,000 to 2,500 words, which ensures you can read a summary in less than 10 minutes.
All are formatted with the following sections:
1. General book information and a link to purchase.
2. An overview of the book’s context and its contribution to the field.
3. The author’s central argument or line of logic.
4. The “Strategy Connections,” which highlights the practical implications of the work.
5. A link to discuss these implications in a member-only forum.
6. A more detailed summary that highlights key points, discusses case studies, and explains theoretical arguments in plain language.
7. A conclusion that wraps up the summary and highlights.
8. About the author.
The Strategy Connections Member Forum
The member forum is powered by Discourse, a modern discussion platform designed for high resolution touch devices, with a built-in mobile layout. You can read or post from your laptop, tablet, and phone without constantly being asked if you want to download an app.
Members can set up profiles, create notifications for the topics they care about and participate in, as well as nominate their own topics.
Discourse pares all the complexity away and puts just the essential stuff on screen – the conversations you care most about, based on your participation.